Monday, September 1, 2008

China Here We Come!!!

China, here we come!!! Sorry for the delay on updates! Back in May, I entered a contest through the U.S Paralympic Academy to win a trip to Beijing to see the Paralympics. As an amputee, I am a proud supporter of the Paralympics and I loved the idea of actually going to see them. I wrote up an essay about my passion for sports, filled out my grades, sent in my application and hoped for the best. I waited, and waited, and waited...Finally, in May I got a call that I had been chosen as one of 25 winners of the Paralympic Academy Beijing conest and would be going to China!!! How cool is that!?

So, now I am preparing and packing for China!!! I am so excited to meet Paralympians, see the Opening Ceremonies and watch the sports. I love swimming, tennis, basketball, volleyball and track. I can hardly wait! Be sure to check out my blog where I am blogging my trip: www.alexandraslife.edublogs.org!!! I love Paralympic sports so much and I am sooooo excited!

I will post pictures after the trip!

No comments: